Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Putzing Around

I'm not sure I have another detailed breakdown of the Mets' bullpen in me right now (I will at some point, just not now), but after hearing about the their acquisition of J.J. Putz, I have a few thoughts.

1) Based on my post from this morning, I get the sense Omar Minaya is reading my blog. Because that incredibly convoluted trade is the type of creativity I was talking about.

2) I'm certain that the people who write headlines for the The Daily News and New York Post are extremely excited about the impending J.J. Putz era. What's going to be the headline the first time he blows a game? My roommate and I are pretty certain "What A Putz" is the odds-on favorite.

3) Endy, Godspeed. Even though I missed your legendary catch because I was trying to beat the Shea Stadium bathroom line by taking a mid-inning bathroom break (true story), you will be forever be a part of Mets lore. And to clarify, I wasn't actually in the bathroom, I was buying beers on my way back from the bathroom when Endy threw his glove over the now-demolished left-field wall to rob Scott Rolen of a home run. Too bad you weren't tall enough to take one away from Yadier Molina as well. Sigh.

4) The Mets bullpen will be better this year, and they didn't have to give up any integral parts to make that happen. However, I'm pretty sure Aaron Heilman will be a decent starting pitcher in Seattle and will be mentally giving the city of New York a giant "fuck you" the entire time. I won't blame him.

No comments: